Our Training Standards:
Our training standards are high, as you might expect, and conform to UK Health & Safety Executive regulations.
Our Forest School Level 1-3 Courses are validated by our partner, Cambium Sustainable, who are GB Forest School Trainer's Network Members, so you can be assured that you are receiving approved training which is regularly standardised and evaluated by external markers.
Quick Overview: Our Forest School Qualification Quality Framework (conforms to FSA Guidelines)
- The training covers everything you need to know to lead your own Forest School, including risk assessments. The training covers externally validated and accredited modules of learning.
- The Recognised Certificated Award is from the QCF, the Forest School Associations' awarding body of choice.
- Your lead trainer & tutor has been delivering Forest School Programmes all year round, in a variety of different woodland locations and school settings working with all ages since 2009. (9 years). Your lead trainer is also experienced at marking distance learning portfolios of work, and tutoring clients, from Masters Degree Level to Certificate Level. Co-trainers are always appropriately qualified for the subjects they are teaching.
- Brightwood is a member of the Institute of Outdoor Learning; UK Forest School & Forest School South West Association, and is the Wiltshire Forest School Representative, enabling national & local networking.
- Brightwood ensures all its staff undergo regular continuous professional development (CPD) and cross-validation by other trainers in the Cambium Network to ensure that training is always up to date and regularly quality checked by external advisors.
- Forest School training and sessions adhere to the Forest School Association Forest School Principles and in addition, to the Leave No Trace environmental guidelines.
- Brightwood runs skill-share sessions, in order to keep local outdoor learning networks and community learning thriving.
- The training utilises a number of different assessment and training methods, in order to ensure learner engagement and understanding is high.
- Our completion rate (completing the training course and the final qualification) is over 95%.
- Our ongoing support for students includes a password protected website with reference documents which you can access once on the course; personal local tutor support by phone, email or in person. Free skill share sessions where you can brush up your skills before you qualify.
You may find the following article: How to choose your Forest School Trainer? from the Forest School Association useful in helping you to choose your course. We provide our courses under the validation of Cambium Sustainable, who are members of the GB Forest School Trainers Network.